Never miss out on a margherita again!
Nevana Pizza Base
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g vegan mozzarella-style cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Fresh basil or oregano leaves, chilli oil and vegan parmesan to serve (optional)
1. Take out pizza base from freezer placing it on a lightly greased baking tray
2. Pre heat oven Fan Forced 230c. Non-Fan forced 240c
3. Put all the ingredients for the tomato sauce together in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar if you like and mix well. Set aside until needed.
4. Spread 4-5 tbsp of the tomato sauce on top and add some sliced tomatoes and grated vegan cheese.
5. Cook topped pizza for approx 7 – 8 minutes in Fan Forced oven and 8 – 10 minutes in Non-Fan Forced. (Or until the base is puffed up and the vegan cheese has melted and is bubbling and golden in patches.)
6. Cut to desired sizes and serve with fresh basil leaves or chilli oil if you like and sprinkle over vegan parmesan just after baking.